"My mom wants my brother to attend, because I liked it so much. Thank you so much for this opportunity. It was one of the best camps I ever attended."
Welcome to Air Camp!
The birthplace of flight, the beginnings of a new adventure for you--it's Air Camp. If you're a middle school student, join us in Dayton, Ohio, for a week-long summer camp adventure in aviation and aeronautics. At Air Camp you'll experience rich and exciting aviation and educational opportunities like flying an airplane, a behind-the-scenes look at a national research laboratory, cockpit time in the giant C-17 Globemaster III. Home base for the week is Wright State University.
Mark these dates on your calendar for making Air Camp part of your summer in 2015.
- June 14-19, 2015
- July 5-10, 2015
- July 12-17, 2015
What we do at Air Camp is inspire students to new heights of scholarship, leadership and citizenship while they experience the thrill of flight and study the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) of aviation and aeronautics. It’s a week packed with fun, adventure, learning, and challenge.
Air Camp students work as a team and individually to:
- Take flight training and pilot a general aviation aircraft
- Learn about the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) that makes flight a reality
- Explore the National Museum of the United States Air Force
- Discover the operations of commercial aviation
- Experience a personal behind-the-scenes tour of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- See the work of and meet the scientists at the Air Force Research Laboratory
- Plan an air rescue mission
- Earn the Air Camp patch
- Soar into the future!