"Our son had a thoroughly enjoyable week at Air Camp! We particularly enjoyed the emphasis of STEM in your camp and as wonderful career options! We think our son got as much out of his week at Air Camp as was possible. He has already asked if he can attend next year! We were very impressed with the knowledge and experience of the staff, including their ability to related the information to 7th, 8th and 9th grade students! Please keep up the good work!"
Welcome to Air Camp!
The birthplace of flight, the beginnings of a new adventure for you--it's Air Camp. If you're a middle school student, join us in Dayton, Ohio, for a week-long summer camp adventure in aviation and aeronautics. At Air Camp you'll experience rich and exciting aviation and educational opportunities like flying an airplane, a behind-the-scenes look at a national research laboratory, cockpit time in the giant C-17 Globemaster III. Home base for the week is Wright State University.
Mark these dates on your calendar for making Air Camp part of your summer.
- June 22-27
- July 6-11
- July 13-18
What we do at Air Camp is inspire students to new heights of scholarship, leadership and citizenship while they experience the thrill of flight and study the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) of aviation and aeronautics. It’s a week packed with fun, adventure, learning, and challenge.
Air Camp students work as a team and individually to:
- Take flight training and pilot a general aviation aircraft
- Learn about the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) that makes flight a reality
- Explore the National Museum of the United States Air Force
- Discover the operations of commercial aviation
- Experience a personal behind-the-scenes tour of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- See the work of and meet the scientists at the Air Force Research Laboratory
- Plan an air rescue mission
- Earn the Air Camp patch
- Soar into the future!
We'll accept the application. Will you accept the challenge? Click here to apply for Air Camp