"My mom wants my brother to attend, because I liked it so much. Thank you so much for this opportunity. It was one of the best camps I ever attended."
Welcome to Air Camp!
Air Camp is a week-long summer camp adventure in aviation and aeronautics for middle school students, which takes place at the birthplace of flight – Dayton, Ohio. At Air Camp, students experience the rich and exciting aviation and educational resources in the Dayton region, from the place where the Wright Brothers invented flight to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Home base for the week is Wright State University.
The dates for Air Camp 2013 are:
- June 16-21
- July 7-12
- July 21-26
The purpose of Air Camp is to inspire students to new heights of scholarship, leadership and citizenship, as they experience the wonders of flight and study the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) of aviation and aeronautics. It’s a week packed with fun, adventure, learning, and challenge.
At Air Camp, students work together and solo to:
- Take flight training and fly as a copilot
- Learn about the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) that propel aviation
- Explore the National Museum of the United States Air Force
- Discover the mechanics and operations of commercial aviation
- See behind the scenes at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- Meet the scientists at the Air Force Research Laboratory
- Plan an air rescue mission
- Earn the Air Camp patch
- Soar into the future!
Please click here to apply.